Category Archives: Arkansas
Dude Emeritus here, back from the dead to grow some whiskers.
The crew from my day job is doing a contest, and I really don’t want to lose to a bunch of Big 10 and Pac-12 amateurs in my office. So show me some love by donating to the cause (not to me…just to my fundraiser). In exchange, I promise daily updates on my facial hair non-progress.
And as you can tell by this video, I’ve been really working over-time on that beard.
Thanks for your consideration.
And, because Chad is horrible at deadlines, we should mention he is running a similar campaign in via his real estate business.
Essentially, the idea is this: call him with a ready-to-go client referral, and he donates in your name. $100 in the Charlotte, NC area, $25 literally ANYWHERE ELSE IN THE WORLD.
No contests here, but he wants to at least beat the last two years’ combined total of just over $500.
Donate your own money here, or contact Chad at email@example.com to connect him with someone in need of help buying, selling, or investing in property.
His selfie game is not nearly as strong, but his beard game is electric. Watch out for this one, folks.
We don’t know if these games will happen, we won’t know when these kick times (or locations) are accurate, and I’m missing them all for a wedding anyway!
This has happened since I pulled up the ole WordPress to post this:
BREAKING: #LSU‘s game against Florida has been canceled, a source tells The Advocate.
It will not be rescheduled. #Gators
— Ross Dellenger (@RossDellenger) October 6, 2016
CONFIRMED: Georgia and South Carolina will play at the @GeorgiaDome Saturday. Coverage at 8:30. Kick at 8:41. Ticket email forthcoming.
— UGA Special Teams (@UGASpecialTeams) October 6, 2016
Word to the wise: don’t believe any scheduling tweets til Brett McMurphy or someone posts them, although UGA Special Teams has never let us down before…
What should you be watching for this weekend?
Definitely Watch This
- Texas vs. #20 Oklahoma, noon, FS1: BRING BACK THE GOLDEN HAT! This should be a 55-45 game, so naturally it’ll be a low-scoring and weird affair at the Texas Fairgrounds.
LSU at #18 Florida, noon, ESPN: COACH O……nope.(see above)
- #9 Tennessee at #8 Texas A&M, 3:30, CBS: Step 1: listen to the DudeYouPodcast. Step 2: build up the Tennessee hate. Step 3: GIGEM
- #25 Virginia Tech at #17 UNC, 3:30, ABC/ESPN2: Va Tech is still very sneaky good, UNC has Mitch Trubisky and no defense, and this game will be played in a monsoon (as of now).
- #5 Washington at Oregon, 7:30, FOX: Oregon has won 11 straight in the series, and has a chance to end the Pac-12’s CFP hopes before the weather gets consistently below 80 degrees. And, Washington is good.
- #23 Florida State at #10 Miami, 8, ABC: Big game Mark Richt. We’ll see. This is your appointment watch of the day– either as a self-hating Georgia fan or a curious Georgia fan.
Maybe Keep an Eye On It
- #3 Clemson at Boston College (Friday), 7:30, ESPN: If Deshaun Watson keeps turning it over, this could get…weird?
- Indiana at #2 Ohio State, 3:30, ESPN: Indiana, as #teamchaos, beat Michigan State on a “leaping” penalty last week. They had a reasonable shot at both OSU and Michigan last year. Ohio State hasn’t been challenged. Just sayin’, keep an eye on it.
- #1 Alabama at #16 Arkansas, 7, ESPN: Am I the only one who thinks Arkansas is WAY overrated? Here’s hoping not!
- Georgia at South Carolina, 7:30, SECN: May or may not be played as of the time of this posting, but a monsoon bowl guarantees a 7-2 win on a botched shotgun snap for somebody.
Other things of note
#21 Colorado visits USC in a weird game of “is Colorado legit/is USC shit”–played on the impossible-to-get Pac-12 network.
Purdue and Illinois both lost to Western Michigan (do NOT watch this), and Vanderbilt and Kentucky play the SEC’s version of that exact game at 4 on SECN (do NOT watch this either).
#6 Houston has a tough task at Navy if you get CBSSN.
Your late-night #PACtion special? A good one, as Washington State travels to #15 Stanford in a game of COMPLETELY 180-degree contrasting styles.
Yes, I know this is like five days late.
As the urgent post stated last night, we had to get the bad taste of the Nicholls embarrassment out of our collective mouths. Let’s talk about it and move on.
What Happened with Georgia
Beat Nicholls 26-24, and it was precisely that ugly. Who said Mark Richt was gone?
What Happened with the SEC
- 30 for 30: the Florida/Kentucky rivalry. This is a game played by unpaid 18-22 year-olds and an oblong football. 30 straight wins at ANYTHING is amazing.
- Sidebar: Kentucky is a straight trash fire.
- South Carolina’s SEC East lead was short-lived, huh? Mississippi State takes a commanding lead in the SEC West with a 27-14 win over the Cocks.
- Tennessee beat Va Tech 45-24, but were they any good? Josh Dobbs threw for 91, Kamara and Hurd rushed for a combined 108…Tennessee has recovered 10 of 12 total fumbles in their two games this year. I bet that luck will even out.
- LSU changed quarterbacks, Nick Saban was mad at a 28-point win over the defending CUSA champ, Ole Miss, A&M, Auburn, Vandy, and Mizzou beat hapless opponents.
- Arkansas won a wild one against TCU, and it was the best game of the week. When you have a 6’10 O-lineman forcing overtime with a blocked kick, you get giffed.
What Else Was Fun
Got to start with the snark alert: Penn State lost a game to Pitt, who should not be their rival. Setting up the game this coming week in which they…honor Joe Paterno.
Get out of your asses and a little less tonedeaf, Penn State.
Beyond that…gotta be real with y’all. Did not get to watch much non-SEC/UNC football. Oklahoma State got hosed, weird things happened after midnight.
Back in an hour with some analysis on a much more fun week 3.
The Teams that Matter, Ranked
- Alabama…go Rebs.
- Florida State?? This ish could change by 2:30pm tomorrow.
- Ohio State.
- Houston. I’m watching them make me regret that pick right now.
- Michi…gahhhheffit. I used to like Michigan before Jim Harbaugh got there.
- Clemson, with some downward momentum. Like, a lot.
- Ole Miss…go Rebs.
- Stanford, who could lose 3 games in the next month.
I don’t think Tennessee, Michigan State, Texas, Louisville, Notre Dame, or Georgia merit mention here.
|1-Sep||7:30||Tennessee (-20.5)||App State (+20.5)||Tennessee (-20.5)|
|1-Sep||8:00||Vanderbilt (-4)||South Carolina (+4)||South Carolina (+4)|
|3-Sep||12:00||Oklahoma (-12)||Houston (+12)||Oklahoma (-12)|
|3-Sep||12:00||Mississippi State (-28)||South Alabama (+28)||South Alabama (+28)|
|3-Sep||12:00||West Virginia (-10)||Missouri (+10)||West Virginia (-10)|
|3-Sep||3:30||Texas A&M (-3)||UCLA (+3)||UCLA (+3)|
|3-Sep||3:30||LSU (-10)||Wisconsin (+10)||LSU (-10)|
|3-Sep||4:00||Arkansas (-26)||Louisiana Tech (+26)||Louisiana Tech (+26)|
|3-Sep||5:30||Georgia (-2.5)||North Carolina (+2.5)||Georgia (-2.5)|
|3-Sep||7:30||Kentucky (-6)||Southern Miss (+6)||Kentucky (-6)|
|3-Sep||7:30||Florida (-36.5)||Umass (+36.5)||Florida (-36.5)|
|3-Sep||8:00||Alabama (-11)||USC (+11)||Alabama (-11)|
|3-Sep||9:00||Clemson (-7)||Auburn (+7)||Clemson (-7)|
|3-Sep||2:00||Washington (-26.5)||Rutgers (+26.5)||Rutgers (+26.5)|
|5-Sep||8:00||Florida State (-4)||Ole Miss (+4)||Florida State (-4)|
Watch the video with some of my comrades as well.
Be sure to subscribe to my real gig podcast (The Investing Podcast) on iTunes to watch me demolish these fools all season long.
That’s all I got/
This is more of the wash, rinse, repeat variety, because duh. Since its Saturday, we present…A LIST!
There’s no secret that the SEC dominates recruiting rankings. Fanboys will say its because of things like #SECSpeed, cynics will say because of absurd recruiting budgets and pandering by the recruiting services to the schools with the largest followings. The truth is somewhere in the middle.
This, however, is absurd:
|3||Greg Little||OT||Ole Miss|
|4||Shea Patterson||QB||Ole Miss|
|19||Jeffery Simmons||DL||Mississippi State|
|24||Benito Jones||DT||Ole Miss|
|38||A.J. Brown||WR||Ole Miss|
Yep, 23 of the top 50 consensus recruits in the nation are going to make their debuts in the SEC this year. Eight SEC schools (over half the league, for those keeping score at home) nabbed at least one, making a list (Tennessee, Vanderbilt, South Carolina, Missouri, Kentucky, Texas A&M) of teams that didn’t land a top-50 recruit less keystrokes than those who did.
19 of the next 50 also inked with SEC schools, but maybe we’ll get into that when we run out of ideas in like, 3 weeks.