Here’s What Mattered in Week 2
Yes, I know this is like five days late.
As the urgent post stated last night, we had to get the bad taste of the Nicholls embarrassment out of our collective mouths. Let’s talk about it and move on.
What Happened with Georgia
Beat Nicholls 26-24, and it was precisely that ugly. Who said Mark Richt was gone?
What Happened with the SEC
- 30 for 30: the Florida/Kentucky rivalry. This is a game played by unpaid 18-22 year-olds and an oblong football. 30 straight wins at ANYTHING is amazing.
- Sidebar: Kentucky is a straight trash fire.
- South Carolina’s SEC East lead was short-lived, huh? Mississippi State takes a commanding lead in the SEC West with a 27-14 win over the Cocks.
- Tennessee beat Va Tech 45-24, but were they any good? Josh Dobbs threw for 91, Kamara and Hurd rushed for a combined 108…Tennessee has recovered 10 of 12 total fumbles in their two games this year. I bet that luck will even out.
- LSU changed quarterbacks, Nick Saban was mad at a 28-point win over the defending CUSA champ, Ole Miss, A&M, Auburn, Vandy, and Mizzou beat hapless opponents.
- Arkansas won a wild one against TCU, and it was the best game of the week. When you have a 6’10 O-lineman forcing overtime with a blocked kick, you get giffed.
What Else Was Fun
Got to start with the snark alert: Penn State lost a game to Pitt, who should not be their rival. Setting up the game this coming week in which they…honor Joe Paterno.
Get out of your asses and a little less tonedeaf, Penn State.
Beyond that…gotta be real with y’all. Did not get to watch much non-SEC/UNC football. Oklahoma State got hosed, weird things happened after midnight.
Back in an hour with some analysis on a much more fun week 3.
The Teams that Matter, Ranked
- Alabama…go Rebs.
- Florida State?? This ish could change by 2:30pm tomorrow.
- Ohio State.
- Houston. I’m watching them make me regret that pick right now.
- Michi…gahhhheffit. I used to like Michigan before Jim Harbaugh got there.
- Clemson, with some downward momentum. Like, a lot.
- Ole Miss…go Rebs.
- Stanford, who could lose 3 games in the next month.
I don’t think Tennessee, Michigan State, Texas, Louisville, Notre Dame, or Georgia merit mention here.
Posted on September 16, 2016, in ACC, Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Big 10, Clemson, Florida Gators, Florida State, Georgia Bulldogs, Kentucky, Louisville, LSU, Michigan, Mississippi State, Missouri, Ohio State, Ole Miss, Pac-12, SEC, South Carolina Gamecocks, Tennessee, Texas A&M, Vanderbilt. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.