Georgia Bulldogs in the NFL: Who’s on the Chopping Block?
A quick run down on every Georgia Bulldog currently (August 22, 2016) listed on NFL rosters…sorted by division:
New York Jets
- Jordan Jenkins, OLB, Rookie – 4 Total tackles, listed as starter
- Fernando Velasco, C, 7th Year – 2nd team
- Cordy Glenn, T, 6th Year – listed as starter
New England Patriots
- Malcolm Mitchell, WR, Rookie – 4 catches, 55 yards and an injury in debut. Out for several weeks with elbow injury but looking strong.
- David Andrews, C, 2nd Year – Listed as 2nd team center
- Reshad Jones, SS, 7th Year – Total boss.
- Shawn Williams, SS, 4th Year – One tackle in preseason, listed as starter at SS.
- A.J. Green, WR, 5th Year – One of the best receivers in the game. 5 catches for 48 yards in limited preseason action.
- Geno Atkins, DT, 7th Year – Another monster and staple of this team. One sack in preseason.
- Michael Bennett, WR – 2nd Year – Deep in a position battle for a roster spot. Of note: bio has the wrong Michael Bennett – not a great sign.
- Clint Boling, G, 6th Year – Starter at LG.
- Ben Watson, TE, 45th Year – Listed as starter at TE
- Jarvis Jones, OLB, 4th Year – Listed as starter at ROLB.
- None. Though Isaiah Crowell is listed as the starter at RB.
- Ben Jones, C, 5th Year – Starter at center.
- Amarlo Herrera, LB, 2nd Year – Herrera just arrived after getting cut by the Colts (where he appeared in 3 games as a rookie). He’s not on the depth chart, but that’s probably just a timing thing.
- Abry Jones, DT, 4th Year – Jones went undrafted in 2013, but has appeared in 39 career games and made two starts. He’s listed as 2nd on the depth chart.
- Corey Moore, DB, 2nd Year – 6 total tackles in two preseason games, listed 3rd on the FS depth chart.
- Akeem Dent, ILB, 6th Year – 4 tackles in preseason play, listed 2nd on the depth chart.
- Starling Bailey, DE, Rookie – Totally forgot about this guy. but he’s logged 4 tackles in preseason play and listed as second on the depth chart at LDE.
Kansas City Chiefs
- Ramik Wilson, ILB, 2nd Year – Wilson has logged 6 tackles this preseason and is listed 2nd on the depth chart.
- Justin Houston, OLB, 6th Year – Preseason is for suckers not named Justin Houston.
- Aaron Murray, QB, 3rd Year – Murray is in a fight for a job with the addition of Nick Foles, but he’s 8 of 154 passing for 110 yards. 3 Fumbles (one lost) in week 2 won’t help, though.
- Chris Conley, WR, 2nd Year – Conley is competing for a starting spot.
San Diego Chargers
- Keith Marshall, RB, Rookie – Not a great start for the 7th round pick. Marshall has 15 carries for 25 yards. He got plenty of shots last week though (10 carries, 26 yards, long of 10). He’s also added three catches for just seven yards. Practice Squad might be the best hope, but he is currently listed as 3rd on the depth chart so who knows?
- Kedric Golston, NT, 11th Year – Listed as starter.
New York Giants
- Tavarres King, WR, 3rd Year – King has one catch for eight yards. He’s listed as third team at the WR1 spot which puts him in contention for a roster spot.
Green Bay Packers
- Matthew Stafford, QB, 8th Year – Stafford will be the starter in Detroit; you heard it here first.
- Orson Charles, TE, 4th Year – Insane that Charles hasn’t caught on more securely. But he’s showin’ up in Detroit – six catches for 55 yards. Injuries to guys in front of him have him in position to make the team.
- Jake Ganus, LB, Rookie – Ganus has logged three tackles in preseason play and the Vikings are undefeated so he might be the key to that. He’s listed third as his position and should at least get a spot on the Practice Squad.
- Blair Walsh, K, 5th year – Walsh is 2/3 on FG this preseason. He’s the starter and only Kicker listed on the depth chart.
- Toby Johnson, DT, 1st year – Listed fourth on the depth chart and struggling for PT.
- Cornelius Washington, DE, 4th year – 3 tackles and a sack in week one.
- Leonard Floyd, OLB, Rookie – 4 total tackles in preseason play and half a sack.
- Brandon Boykin, DB, 5th year – He’s in Chi-town now, apparently.
- Chris Mayes, DT, Rookie – Listed 4th on the depth chart.
- Arthur Lynch, TE, 2nd Year? – Really would have pegged Lynch as a solid NFL TE. Alas, he’s been on several rosters (Dolphins, Jets, Broncos, Falcons) and yet to make headway on a roster. No catches this preseason.
- Charles Johnson, DE, 10th Year – 1 tackle this preseason, starter at LDE.
- Ray Drew, DE, 2nd Year – Fourth at his position with no logged stats.
- Thomas Davis, OLB, 12th year – 2 tackles this preseason, starter at WLB.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
New Orleans Saints
- John Jenkins, DT, 4th Year – 2nd on the depth chart.
- Damian Swann, CB, 2nd Year – 1 Preseason tackle, third on depth chart, battling concussion issues.
- Dannell Ellerbe, LB, 8th Year – 6 tackles in last week’s preseason game, listed as starter.
- Drew Butler, P, 4th year – Starter at punter position, he’s licking well.
San Francisco 49ers
- John Theus, OT, Rookie – Listed 3rd on the depth chart. Will at least garner Practice Squad time.
- Garrison Smith, DT, 2nd year – 7 tackles and one sack in strong preseason play, he’s listed as 3rd on the depth chart but has a real shot this year.
- DeAngelo Tyson, DE, 4th Year – A utility d-lineman, Tyson should make the roster.
Los Angeles Rams
- Todd Gurley, RB, 2nd year – Best RB in the game?
- Alec Ogletree, OLB, 4th year – Locked-in starter at OLB.
There you have it. That’s the crew. Nearly 50 damn good Dawgs. I’ll check in later in the preseason with an update.
That’s all I got/