Georgia Football Knee Jerk Reactions: Florida Edition
Welcome to basketball season!
The Hawks are off to a SCORCHING start, beating down the division rival Hornets over the weekend, and doing it in those idiotic mix and match road jerseys. I don’t like the look, but I also openly acknowledge that I am an old, and these things aren’t meant for me. Hell, win like they did last year, they can wear whatever they want.
What? I HAVE to talk about football? Fine, but you literally asked for this.
I’ve been the babyface of this site since I started working here three season ago. I have single-handedly manned the DPalm Spinzone © against the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune. I have listened to Jason push for Bauta (LOOK HOW THAT TURNED OUT), Ramsey (hahahahahaha) and insert quarterback here, and I have fought back. I have stood with Chad and Andrew against the #FireMarkRicht crowd, preaching caution and a steady hand than a reactionary bent. But I can’t anymore. And I don’t think Andrew can either. There’s much to be said about what actually happened this season, and best believe we will be doing that down the line. The small sample size of Saturday is 100% on the head football coach for a litany of reasons to be discussed at LENGTH on tomorrow’s DudeYouPodcast (/shamless plug). Let’s get after it and put the events of Halloween 2015 to bed for now.
– It ended? I accurately predicted the amount of bourbon required to watch (and then re-watch, since I’m now exploring the depths of self-harm one can do via football) this football game. Spoilers, it was a lot.
– I get to look super smart for my preseason question regarding the quarterback situation: “What if they’re all bad?” Nostradamus, I’m coming for that prediction title. Then again, you probably saw that coming. Stupid Nostradamus.
– DYP double whammy of good: Chad got to be wrong about Brendan Douglas, AND we should get full blown Heel Jason tonight on the podcast.
– This game was not safe for men, women, children, pregnant women, women who may become pregant, the young, the elderly, people with preexisting heart conditions, Georgia fans, sobriety, hope for a better tomorrow, football fans, people whose wardrobes do not consist mainly of cut off jean shorts, and everything not nailed down in my liquor cabinet. Florida did exactly what they wanted, when they wanted to, and as aggressively as they could.
– Hitting Treon Harris early was a good gameplan, advocated for heavily on Friday’s DudeYouPodcast, and it seemed to have the starter turned back-up turned starter again looking to be playing off of his heels early. But then he hit that there big pass. And that was that.
– The Florida running game is guaranteed to get healthy against UGA’s defense. It’s a metaphysical certaintiy at this point. If Kelvin Taylor and company could play Georgia every week, they’d do it. And that’s not a good thing.
– Hey, special teams. Could you not be so, yanno, special?
– Wait, even Zook? *drinks more*
Here’s the list of Florida head coaches who haven’t beaten Georgia on their first try in the last 30 years: – Gary Darnell – Will Muschamp
— Ryan Nanni (@celebrityhottub) October 31, 2015
– I’m a Mark Richt fan. I think he’s the best coach Georgia has ever had by far, even in the face of one of the more more entitled, idiotic and whiny fanbases in the country. He has done his job year in and year out despite non-football people talking down to and about him regarding football. It’s not a game for him, it’s how he feeds his kids, and to suggest that he doesn’t take it seriously or doesnt care shows just how divorced the average fan can be from this new thing called reality.
That being said.
For the first time in 15 years, I feel like he let the wailing and gnashing of teeth get to him and act in a very un-Richtian manner. Playing the third string quarterback to spark a team already reeling from the loss of their senior leader and best running back in the nation was a JV, desperate move by a coach I honestly thought was better than that. Wrong again Dpalm.
Well, that was a game that happened, and it was the same game that has happened over and over and over and over again since I was old enough to understand that Florida will always hurt me. Tune in to DudeYouPodcast for more therapy recapping, and let’s leave with one last quick look at the DPalm Spinzone ©.
Love this? Hate it? Think I’m an idiot? Don’t just curse at me under your breath, head to the Dude You Podcast iTunes page, and leave a 5-star review to make sure I know it, and have your voice heard on the air. Follow me at @dpalm66.
Posted on November 2, 2015, in 2015 College Football Previews, Blog, College Football Viewing Guide, Daily Dose of Dawg, Florida Gators, Gambling, Georgia Bulldogs, Georgia Football Drinking Game, Picks, Podcast, Recruiting, SEC, The UGA Vault. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.