Georgia Football: Brice Ramsey Stepping Up, Reggie Carter Doin’ Thangs and Other Spring Expectations
I’m looking early at Spring Practice.
Today I highlighted five players with the most to gain this spring, they are (by my estimation):
- Brice Ramsey: Owning QB1 is a thing. Right now we don’t know if Ramsey is going to be Matt Saracen closing his eyes and heaving a pass or Matt Saracen insisting “my eyes weren’t closed, coach.” Let’s see who this dude is.
- Keith Marshall: The former star has three options: a. Ball out as a part of the offense over the next two years. b. Ball so hard pro scouts wanna find him after this season. 3. Fade away. There’s not a lot of middle ground. Let’s see if this guy can get it back from a health and confidence standpoint. The athletic gifts are still there.
- Reggie Carter: Don’t forget, this guy almost beat out Ramik Wilson heading into the 2013 season and injuries may have been a factor in that falling through. Just imagine, if Carter wins that starting spot Wilson never becomes the too-early darling of mock drafts (he was mocked as a first-rounder this time last year) and wouldn’t have fallen from grace with a somewhat average 2014 campaign.
- Aaron Davis: Walk-on to Shutdown. 30 for 30. What if I told you…
- Anybody at Center: Seriously. I don’t care if it’s Justin Scott-Wesley. Let’s just nail down this position heading into the summer and move ahead.
Read more here.
That’s all I got/
Don’t forget to download The UGA Vault for all your Bulldog needs. It’s free and available on iOS and Android. Just click here.