Georgia Football: Five Vital Uncommitted Targets, Apologies to Miss Jackson and Difficult Household Names
If you want more thoughts, check out my writing here, but let’s get down to brass tacks.
- CeCe Jefferson – This is a long shot. He’s likely Bama-bound. But if I’m pitching him, I’m using three sets of two words: Lorenzo Carter. Run Stopper. Playing Time. And I’m tossing in a “pleeeeeaaase.”
- Roquan Smith – Dude can play any linebacker position and given his build (not all that rangy) and existing depth at his natural position (OLB), why not sell him on immediate contention for a spot at middle linebacker? Eleventy billion combined tackles from those two spots are gone thanks to the departure of Amarlo and Ramik. Don’t tell me a Top 50 overall player (per 247Sports Composite) couldn’t fill that gap.
- Donte Jackson – Donte could be the most important Jackon in the state since Outkast issued a musical apology to Miss Jackson in 2001. He’s undersized but ridiculously athletic and shifty (think Isaiah McKenzie at DB) and could do work under Pruitt.
- Chidi Valentine-Okeke – Valentine-Okeke could become the weirdest household name around if he lives up to his potential and his size. Georgia’s a great place for him as he’ll need extra time to transition from tiny-school ball to the SEC. With four returning starters and both tackles from 2014 still around, Chidi could learn for a year.
- Patrick Allen – Allen was a commit to Georgia then reopened recruiting after Bobo left. He’s more polished than Valentine-Okeke but is ceiling isn’t as high. I could see him playing anywhere on the line though (even center) and Georgia will need depth on the line in 2015.
That’s all I got/