Georgia Football Knee Jerk Reactions: Charleston Southern Edition
Did I have to go to the ESPN recap to make sure I got the opponent from this weekend right? Did I avoid a Sunday re-watch for the first time all year? Did I fail to get #UGAvs??? trending because it was stupid and I don’t understand how hashtags work?
Let’s get this running clock started in Athens. #UGAvs???
— DPalm (@dpalm66) November 22, 2014
You guys get me.
This is going to be short and to the point, what with that school from Atlanta on the docket for this weekend. What we got from UGA this weekend was more of the same. On the criminally underrated Dude You Podcast, Andrew and I waxed philosophic about this game for about three minutes, but one thing we agreed on was that we were eager to see was Georgia making this game about themselves, not the opponent. And that’s what we got, for 60 minutes
– Um, everything? The starters looked great in abbreviated work, establishing a good rhythm on offense with a healthy dose of run and pass. Sure, the running game is the bowling ball covered in razor blades on fire that we’ve come to expect, but the emergence of Hutson Mason in this passing attack is a thing.
– Defense continued to be the best version of itself, and Dominick Sanders’ injury has been classified as minor.
– Hicks caught a kickoff, and didn’t decapitate anyone on our own team!
– Dude You Podcast Best Bets notwithstanding (I won), I hoped to see more out of Brice Ramsey. While I was buying all in on Hutson Mason this preseason, you people were regaling us all with tale of the exploits of the back up quarterback. After all the hype, Imma need more from the young man next chance he gets.
– Quick, name 6 Charleston Southern players.
They were who we thought they were; an overmatched team playing punching bag for a payday. Whole lot of chirping in the talking head-verse over teams scheduling cupcakes this week, but don’t buy into it. No one is writing home about the blowout over the Buccaneers (I googled the mascot), but given the slate of teams UGA deals with annually, I’ll take a down week near the end of the season.
Up next, an established non-rivalry game, a send off for this senior class and we all continue to cheer for [insert team playing Mizzou] for one more week.
Love this? Hate it? Think I’m an idiot? Don’t just curse at me under your breath, head to the Dude You Podcast iTunes page, and leave a 5-star review to make sure I know it, and have your voice heard on the air.