DudeYouGamblin’: Week 4 Favorable Lines
What’d I tell y’all last week? Something about empirical evidence vs. speculation?
I’m back to .500 on the season but need to keep my head down and really establish my credibility. WE POPPIN’ CHAMPAGNE!
Just to review: Baylor was easy money on Friday night, Boise made me nervous, I would’ve rather lost the South Carolina bet, and Stanford was easier money than Baylor. Mike London recruiting (it ain’t coaching) his way into a decent football team kept me off the 5-0 train, as UVA is 2-1 with a close loss to UCLA. It’s okay though. Esteemed radio host and on-record dog hater Colin Cowherd can always bring the Wahoos down to earth with this 2008 rant:
UVA is the softest bunch of creampuff, bowtie wearing, brie cheese eating, ascot wearing wussies I’ve ever seen in my life. There is not a softer bunch of cookie doe eating weinees than the UVA football program. Those guys wear makeup to games. That is the biggest bunch of fru fru, daiquiri drinking, non alcoholic beer chugging weinees I’ve ever seen in my life. Want to know the most popular drink at tailgating at UVA football? Zima! Under soft, they have a Cavalier football logo in the dictionary. They wear suits to games! That’s absurd!
So there’s that.
1) Troy (+41) against Georgia: You know the drill. Georgia vs. inferior opponent. Inferior opponent scores a couple of perplexing early touchdowns, Georgia pulls starters, a Christian LeMay-type throws a pick-six. Georgia hasn’t covered against a non-power 5 team in five tries, with the last triumph coming against New Mexico St. in 2011.
2) Missouri (-13.5) against Indiana: I’m starting to drink the Mizzou Kool-Aid, so inevitably they’ll let me down. They beat a stronger-than-this Indiana team by 17 on the road last year, and I don’t think you’ve noticed, but the Tigers have yet to miss a beat this season.
3) Rutgers (+6) against Navy: Surprising line here, as I feel Vegas is overselling Navy’s performance against Ohio State (who…let’s be honest…they suck and it feels SO GOOD). The road team has lost the last three matchups, but Rutgers has covered in each.
4) Washington State (+24) against Oregon: There’s something fishy about September Pac-12 matchups pitting the national contender on the road. This is a callback to the #1 USC team that lost at Oregon State on a Thursday as the most recent occurrence, but Oregon’s slow starts could keep the
Cougars Pullman Pirates in the game long enough to withstand the inevitable late Oregon explosion. 57-35 type feel here. I no longer feel great about this.
5) San Diego State (+10) against Oregon State: Sticking with the West Coast theme, SDSU is really, REALLY good. Balanced on O, confusing on D, and I’ve seen them in person (BONUS POINTS!) 15 points over Portland State and 8 over Hawai’i don’t inspire confidence in the Beavers.
LAST WEEK: 4-1 OVERALL 7-7. Leggo.