Georgia Football: Texas A&M Left Georgia Some Spoilers on How to Beat South Carolina
I wrote at length about this (and I mean length as somehow a 500-word blurp become a 1200-word brain dump) at Bleacher Report, but as I see it, here’s what Georgia can learn from A&M’s big win over South Carolina last week:
- South Carolina can be beaten at home. Even by a team that is still developing, like Texas A&M—or in this case, like Georgia.
- Georgia is better off if Mike Davis injured. That’s mean but also true.
- South Carolina does not have an offense capable of orchestrating a comeback, so an early/sizable deficit could go a long way.
- South Carolina defenders do not play well in space against athletic receivers.
- South Carolina also is not dominant against the run.
- “Sandstorm,” as the dubbed-over video below proves, can be conquered.
That’s all I got/
The Georgia/South Carolina game is so important that we’re dedicating an entire series of previews to it. Check that series out here.