DudeYouGamblin’: Five Favorable Betting Lines, Week 2
Welp, I haven’t had three months to talk myself into these. More like three minutes, so hopefully instincts > self questioning.
Last week was rough. Southern Cal ran 102 plays against Fresno St. and should’ve hung 70, there’s a search warrant out for Houston after their failure to appear against UTSA last week, and 24 straight points by Auburn cost me an Arkansas cover. AND A FRIGGIN’ ACT OF GOD KNOCKED OUT ONE OF MY PICKS COMPLETELY! Its probably a push in Vegas, but Florida didn’t beat Idaho by more than 36.5. I’m taking that one with an asterisk.
I promise to do better.
1) Oregon over Michigan State (+12): C’mon. Every year we get suckered into thinking Oregon is going to score 60 on everyone, and every year a good defense holds them to 24. I wouldn’t be afraid to take Sparty straight up in the numbers worked.
2) Colorado over UMass (+17): Look, I don’t pretend to know much about UMass, but they played BC to a stalemate for a half last week, and Colorado is…well, Charles?
Or at least bad enough to win by less than 17 on the road.
3) Stanford (-2.5) over USC: I was all set to buy on USC, but seeing the line open at -5 makes me think Vegas is looking for some action on the Trojans.
4) Missouri (-3.5) over Toledo: Toledo is the only team to cover against Missouri in a Tigers win last year. I’m okay if I lose this one, because I want to jinx Missouri into being bad this year after DudeYouCrazy’s ill-fated ‘Pinkelwatch’ incident of 2013. Also, Toledo put up over 300 yards passing AND rushing last week, so here’s hoping New Hampshire is really bad.
5) Maryland (-12.5) over South Florida: Remember the days of George Selvie, Jason Pierre-Paul, and USF being ranked in the top 2? Seriously, look it up. Well, JIM LEAVITT AIN’T HITTING NO PLAYERS ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THAT DOOR! Maryland is healthy enough to be competent for another couple of weeks.
/Stefon Diggs’ knee shatters.
//Not really, as of the first draft of this post.
BONUS, BECAUSE WEATHER STRUCK DOWN THE SWAMP AND I FELT BAD ABOUT CLAIMING A WIN FOR THAT:
Florida over Eastern Michigan (+38): Same rule applies as last week. Florida didn’t top 31 last year. Although I have zero, zero confidence in this pick.
SEASON RECORD: 1-3 LAST WEEK: 1-3 ROOM FOR IMPROVEMENT!