Georgia Football: How Important is Securing the State’s Borders?
I wrote a bit on this topic for Bleacher Report last week, but a number of respectable counter-arguments have been made. Most notably, does it matter where talent comes from if that talent is ready to produce at the collegiate level? In theory, no. But I still have a hard time openly embracing the Peach State’s best players leaving the Bulldogs behind.
According to 247Sports, Georgia currently has the no. 16 class in 2015. It’s early, but no Dawg fan wants a class ranked that low. A big reason for that slide is the lack of dominance in the home state. Here’s how that same recruiting service projects the best players in the state.
- Trent Thompson – DT – Projected UGA
- Mitch Huatt – OT – Committed Clemson
- Terry Godwin – ATH – Committed UGA
- Chuma Edoga – OT – Committed USC
- Mekhi Brown – DE – Committed Alabama
- Preston Williams – WR – Committed Tennessee
- Taj Griffin – RB – Committed Oregon
The seven players above have composite rankings in the nation’s Top 50. One is committed to Georgia. One is considering—and possibly favoring—Georgia. Five are committed elsewhere.
So what do you think?
That’s all I got/