Examining the Twitter Profile of Lane Kiffin
Here’s what the Twitter Profile of disgraced former USC coach Lane Kiffin can tell us about Lane Kiffin.
- Either he’s living in the past or he’s a liar. I tend to think he’s a liar. An honest bro deosn’t say “Head football coach at USC,” when he’s not the head football coach at USC? Who does that? Seriously. Lane Kiffin does.
- If you had doubts about who Lane Kiffin claims to be you could click the link to his website: usctrojans.com/blog/. On that very site you will be directed to this article. That article explains that Ed Orgeron is now the interim head coach of USC. The article posted immediately before that one is titled, “Kiffin Terminated.” So yeah, he’s lying.
- I’m not sure if Lane thought “that’s the best picture of my good side I’ve seen in years” or what, but who uses a blurry background photo. This looks like it was scanned out of a newspaper (remember those?) and then cut out and laid on top of a piece of felt. What a joke.
- Oh and also, LANE IS NOT THE USC FOOTBALL COACH. Liar.
- Kiffin expresses congratulations to Bill O’Brien and his Penn State team. For a win? Nope. For having some NCAA scholarship restrictions lifted. So yeah, Lane just congratulated a coach for good behavior in NCAA prison. To be clear: I think O’Brien has done a great job. But I’m not claiming to be the head coach of USC.
- Lane Kiffin follows just 27 people. The prestigious group is represented by:
- ESPN’s College GameDay
- The Spirit of Troy Marching Band
- 15 Coaches/Admins employed by USC
- Chris Kiffin (his brother and DL coach at Ole Miss)
- Pete Carroll
- Mark Sanchez
- Matt Barkley
- Former USC WR Steve Smith
- Georgia State WR coach Keary Colbert
- Eric Berry
- Some dude name JK McKay who has no profile picture and hasn’t tweeted in 18 months.
- A bro named Dan Stimmler whse profile is private.
- LeBron James
Lane, consider this my formal application to be your 28th followee.
That’s all I got/