Georgia Plays Clemson in 7 Weeks: Count on the Tigers Frolicking
Every college football team has its fair share of traditions. At least 60% of those traditions are kind of stupid. I’d guess that 45% of them are downright laughable. Every fan base, however, loves their own traditions. Here are a few UGA traditions and my take on them as well as how non-UGA fans probably view them.
- Glory, Glory: My take – This song is awesome!!!! Outsiders’ take – Doesn’t everyone play this?
- Silver Britches: My take – If you mess with those pants I’ll kill you. Outsiders’ take – Who wears britches?
- Uga: My take – The best mascot in sports. Outsiders take – Inbred dog who could die any minute.
I’m aware that my team has its fair share or ridiculousness. So don’t think I’m playing my “More traditioned than thou” card when I say this…
Clemson football players running down a hill is the dumbest tradition in college football. Period. Known as “The Most Exciting 25 Seconds in College Football,” this tradition is an insult to every other 25-second time frame in collegiate gridiron competition. Here is what is wrong with that name and the tradition itself:
- It is not remotely exciting.
- It lasts much more than 25 seconds.
- Who cares about watching highly-trained and finely-tuned athletes jog down a hill?
- If a baby’s first steps were down this hill and that baby was the medically miraculous spawn of Urban Meyer and Gene Chizik it still wouldn’t be that exciting to watch.
The proper name for the tradition? The Awkward Frolic Before Clemson Games.
The only exciting part is when someone face plants. See below.
That’s all I got/
If you’ve missed out on any portion of the Clemson Countdown of Insults, the archive is as follows”
- The Founding of Clemson
- The PeeAndre Hopkins Incident
- Clemson’s Unknown Offense
- Clemson vs. the SEC
- Clemson is the new Georgia Tech
- Dabo Swinney is crazy
- Remembering the last game
- Clemson’s Really Good Defense
- Clemson’s Rock
- Georgia Fans > Clemson Fans
- Clemsoning is a thing courtesy of Urban Dictionary
- Sammy Potkins Talks Trash