Georgia Plays Clemson in Less Than Eight Weeks: That leaves a lot of room for Sammy Watkins Chatter
“Behind the scenes we like our schedule. People talk about Georgia, Florida State and South Carolina, but I’m not worried about them, I’m concentrated on what we do. If we come out and beat Georgia, not just beat ‘em but beat the mss out of ‘em like we should, I don’t see no problems in getting started in the right direction.”
I’m not going to beat up on Sammy for being confident in his team. In fact I appreciate a few of the sentiments he expressed, namely:
- Behind the scenes we like our schedule. I’m a huge proponent of teams laying low, studying their competition and gaining confidence.
- I’m concentrated on what we do. Again, I like this kind of talk.
I’m not even going to dwell on the Georgia talk individually because there is no precedent for how these Clemson players – Watkins included – perform against Georgia.
But consider Florida State and South Carolina. Both Sammy and his Clemson squad are 1-3 against these two oponents. Clemson is 1-3 against the Cocks and the Seminoles with a lone win coming against FSU in 2011.
Similarly, Sammy has had just one good game – that same FSU game in which he had 7 catches for 141 yards and two TDs while adding 13 rushing yards. His other three games of this series? 14 catches, 100 yards receiving, 0 TDs, 7 rushes for 46 yards, one passing TD.
Clemson was still just 1-2 against ranked opponents in 2012 with the lone win being in meaningless bowl game that meant the world to Dabo Swinney.
That’s all I got/
If you’ve missed out on any portion of the Clemson Countdown of Insults, the archive is as follows”
- The Founding of Clemson
- The PeeAndre Hopkins Incident
- Clemson’s Unknown Offense
- Clemson vs. the SEC
- Clemson is the new Georgia Tech
- Dabo Swinney is crazy
- Remembering the last game
- Clemson’s Really Good Defense
- Clemson’s Rock
- Georgia Fans > Clemson Fans
- Clemsoning is a thing courtesy of Urban Dictionary