The Rest of the SEC Tourney Today: Is Missouri worth anything to the SEC? Can Vandy hit more than 5% of shots?
Be Sure To Join the DudeYouCrazy March Madness Mastery Contest By Going Here and Creating an Entry! Prizes to Follow!
Here are three facts and a prediction for each of the other SEC Tournament Games going on today:
Tennessee vs. Mississippi State
- Tennessee guard Trae Golden played at McEachern High School – the alma mater of yours truly. That’s where the similarities end. He probably could have taken my spot on the Varsity Basketball team when I was a rising senior…and he was a rising eighth grader. Trae plays guard at 6-2, 205; in high school I played the 4-spot at 6-2, 205. Golden is a junior and has scored 894 points, grabbed 274 rebounds and handed out 338 assists while playing for the Vols. I never recorded a single college basketball statistic. But ask Trae who has more collegiate turnovers and who has missed more collegiate free throws. Yeah…
- Tennessee beat Mississippi State by 15 points on January 19th. And Tennessee has won seven more conference games. So you could make the case that Tennessee is a lot better.
- Did you hear that Tennessee beat Kentucky? Vols fans are still talking about that.
Vanderbilt vs. Arkansas
- There are at least 323 Division I basketball programs. How do I know that? Because Vanderbilt ranks 323rd in the nation in points per game.
- On January 12th Vandy only scored 33 points in a 23-point loss to Arkansas. The Commies hit just 10 of 40 field goals in the game. Of Course Marist (6-12 in the Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference) also held Vanderbilt to 33 points in a game this season (Vandy was 14-61 from the field!!!!), so that may be the norm.
- Vandy rebounded from that “effort” and defeated Arkansas 67-49 on February 9th.
Vandy shoots under 5% from the field. Arkansas wins.
Missouri vs. Texas A&M
- This is where the Tigers needs to earn their keep. All last summer we heard about Mizzou football making an impact. And all Fall we heard about how Mizzou’s real value for the SEC was in hoops. That was cool back on December 27th when Missouri was ranked 7th in the nation with a 10-1 record and a lone loss to 4th ranked Louisville. It’s not as believable now that they’re 11-7 in SEC play.
- Texas A&M defeated Missouri earlier in the season. The game was a good one with the Aggies holding on 70-69 at home.
- Missouri, along with Florida, is considered one of just two “locks” for the Big Dance out of the SEC.
Surely Missouri is worth something, right? We’ll find out today. Missouri wins.
That’s all I got/
Posted on March 14, 2013, in Blog, Georgia Bulldogs, SEC and tagged Arkansas, Mississippi State, Missouri, SEC. March Madness Mastery, Tennessee, Texas A&M, Vandy. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.