Wild and Awesome: Aaron Murray’s Spring Break in Two Words
It’s a slow week when I have to resort to Twitter stalking just to find something football related that merits a few hundred words. So, forgive the lack of substance in this post.
As we know Aaron Murray is in Oklahoma this week training with QB coach George Whitfield. Based on the ever-accurate and always appreciated Twitter updates of Aaron Murray, here’s what I can gather:
He appears to be staying with Gabe Ikard an offensive lineman at Oklahoma and Drew Allen, an OU QB. According to nfldraftscout.com Ikard is regarded as the second best center in the 2014 NFL Draft. Drew Allen, meanwhile, seems to be transferring from Oklahoma, but he is entering his senior year and has used his redshirt so it would have to be to a smaller division.
Here’s what we know:
- On Saturday Murray posted a photo of himself in an OU helmet and sweatshirt, a few people acted confused but most just thought it was a kid being a kid.
- On March 10th Murray tweeted that he was about to find out what Norman, OK had in store for himself, Drew Allen and Gabe Ikard.
- …Apparently that was Oklahoma running back Brennan Clay, a rising senior who has run for 912 yards and 7 TDs over his three year career.
- Brennan Clay went on to say of Murray: this dude is wild…..
- Yesterday Murray was awe-struck by OU’s full indoor facility and had what he described as “awesome” training sessions.
- Drew Allen described the day thusly: Work hard, nap hard, work hard, nap hard, work hard, nap hard. DudeYouCrazy feels that sounds like a cat’s life.
- Whitfield said, “Monday was a big day for Aaron Murray & I to establish the direction to march. After to wkts today, I can see why UGA won 12 ball games.”
- Last night Murray, Allen and Whitfield “closed down a restaurant” while talking football.
There you have it. A full Twitterific update on Aaron Murray’s wild and awesome Spring Break.
That’s all I got/