Ten Headlines SEC Fans Should Expect to Read this Off-season
We’re hitting that really awkward stretch of the year when as football fans we can only do three things:
- Start gearing up for March Madness (the most viable option)
- Pretend to be excited about baseball by saying things like, “Can’t beat the ballpark on a Spring day!”
- Start leaning hard on our NBA League Pass subscriptions and talking about the improved product that the NBA is putting out.
To be fair, I’ll probably give those three areas some coverage over the coming months. I’ve posted March Madness Brackets before, and I’d actually like to do a DudeYouCrazy reader Bracket Challenge and offer a substantial prize. DadYouCrazy and I are going to the Final Four, so I’d be crazy not to write a thing or two about Georgia’s impending miraculous run to a National Championship in men’s hoops.
I’ll be at a baseball game or two and I can almost guarantee that I will post a picture or two of such experiences on the Tweeter Machine. And, I’ll be tweeting the crap out of some NBA basketball once the playoffs start.
But at the end of the day I like to spend my evenings writing about college football. So I’m going to stick to that sweet spot. In that spirit, here are the top-ten stories that I expect to write about in the future:
10. 33rd Florida Gator Arrested for Marijuana Use/Possession: Is there a Problem in Gainesville? Muschamp Says, “BOOOOOOM!!!! No.”
9. You think you know Vanderbilt football, but you have no idea how Vanderbilt football I can be: James Franklin Speaks
8. Missouri Apologizes to Big XII, Seeks Reinstatement…for Football Only
7. Despite Fan Sentiment, Georgia’s Young Talent is Just That: Young and Talented
6. Les Miles Says Something Crazy, Doesn’t Think it is Crazy. Everybody Else Thinks it is Crazy.
5. Jadeveon Clowney Tests Positive for Alien Blood, Claims to be Human Anyway
4. Urban Meyer Has Heart Attack, Promises to Quit Coaching, Returns to Practice Field Same Day
3. If You Thought Last Year’s 7-6 Ole Miss Team was Awesome, Wait Till You See This Year’s 7-6 Ole Miss Team
2. Mark Richt Does Really Nice Thing for Person/Place/Institution in Need: Georgia Fanbase Calls Him Soft
1. Big 10, Big XII, ACC, Pac-12 and Big East Announce Plans to Form Super-Conference Called the “Big Big Big Pacific East Atlantic Conference 10 XII 12” (or the “3 Big PEAC 101212″ for short) in Attempt to Come in Second to SEC in Football
I’ll do my best to make sure these events really do happen, but even if they don’t I’ll pretend they did and write about them.
That’s all I got/